"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5

8.14.2010

Help! There's a racetrack in my kitchen!

Lightnin' McQueen broke into my kitchen a couple of weeks ago and raced all around my kitchen. Powdered sugar, almond buttercream icing, and fondant were everywhere!!!!!!!!!!! I had so much fun making this cake for a sweet friend of mine- Parker Thames! His mom, Carrie, sent me a text a little while before the "family" party and asked if I'd like to do the cake for him. Would I like to? Of course, I would! Parker was to be the one to decide between Curious George, Cars, and Toy Story. During a conversation between Joel and Parker (Joel is Parker's dad), Parker made it very clear that he was having a Cars birthday! So, Cars it is. That Saturday morning I met up with Joel and Carrie along with the rest of the Sunday School gang for our church's annual Run for the Son 5k. Some of us ran while we walked this year. I sped home quickly to put the finishing touches on the race track and let Mater get in position in the pit.

No comments: