"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5

3.05.2011

99 years ago...

99 years ago on February 27th, my great-grandmother, Rosa Frances Pettey, was born. No, I don't remember her then, but I do remember the summer days we used to spend together in the kitchen making lunch for everyone. Usually, every Monday all of the working folks in our family would stop by for lunch at Granny Pettey's house. Lunch was different every week, but one thing remained the same. It was some kind of good!!! I can also remember the times I used to spend in the garden with Papaw Pettey picking all sorts of vegetables. One memory that really sticks out in my mind is the way they both treated one another and others they came in contact with. They truly followed the Golden Rule. I remember a time when Granny was going to "The Fitness Center" and I was to ride with her. As she was backing out of the carport, I was putting my bike away. For some reason, I thought she was backing out too much and was going to leave me. When I ran up to the car and got in, I laughed and said that I thought she was leaving me, all while calling her a "silly goose". (I was young.) Needless to say, she didn't think that comment was very funny. She corrected me by saying that we don't call people names. I love my great-grandmother and will always cherish the times we had together. I guess this is why I felt so honored to be the one making her 99th birthday cake!!! Here are some pictures from the party! Enjoy!!!






No comments: