"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5

7.29.2008

Summer is over!







As I sit down with my large java, I wipe a tear away because the sadness of summer being over has set in.
Although I am sad that my days of sleeping in and watching the humming birds fight over who gets the last drop every morning, I must say that my summer has been one of great travel, great friends and great fun! It all started with a "trip for school" with Gail and Stephanie. Of course we ended up staying at the Beau Rivage... just a few miles away from our meetings. We were lazy by the pool and drank chocolate drinks...merely relaxed! Oh yeah, we learned a few things also. You know, the important things like how to teach kids to make homemade ice cream in a Ziploc bag and how to name your child Miata Porche' when he/she is born! As we returned from that trip, Daniel and I left almost immediately for yet another beach trip-this time to Gulf Shores to celebrate our 2nd anniversary! So much fun and learning there also. We learned that there SHOULD be a weight limit for two piece bathing suits or at least a sense of decency like when you can't see the sides to the bottoms you are wearing because of the "rolls"... enough said. We also took note of the fact that being drunk doesn't necessarily mean you LOOK COOL! Especially when you are passed out in the sand. All in all, that trip was successful for what it's purpose was: relaxation with spouse & people watching. Not long after that, Stephanie and I boarded the plane for Houston! We went to Sea World, Schlitterbaun, and the Alamo and had a blast I might add. (all in San Antonio-mind you)
Not only have I traveled this summer, but man did we have so much fun for the 4th!!! My family went down to Wiggins, MS to an ATV offroad park. We hit every mud hole we could go through and even some we couldn't quite make it through. We got stuck, got dirty and then got out and did it again. Madz, Stephen, moma, poppie and Daniel and I had a blast with all the caked on mud. I also managed to shop until my feet couldn't shop once more (or my pocket book for that matter). I have grown to know my best friend on an even deeper level. Probably more than either one of us ever expected, but I believe that is why God put her in my life. I do wish He'd put her a little closer in distance. I have also grown closer to a college buddy. Well, sort of. Rachel and I didn't know each other in college, but she is engaged to one of Daniel's buddies from Millsaps, and through the planning of their wedding we've become a little closer each day.
I have successfully done what a normal teacher does in the summer... sat on my tush, shopped, baked myself by the pool and traveled!

Now, Back to School! Pray that the 5:30 mornings don't kick my hiney too bad. :) Oh and the 5K on the 1st Saturday after school begins! (yes I have lost my mind)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Excellent blog Mrs. Culpepper! It kind of makes me sad that Summer is almost over, but I guess that just means more exciting adventures in the Fall! Love you to the moon and back! -Lindsey