"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5

7.02.2010

leftovers...

Have you ever made too much of something and let it go to waste? I certainly have since there's only two of us eating dinner most of the time. Well, not anymore! With mashed potatoes anyway. If I ever have any left over mashed potatoes, I always save them in the fridge for a day or sometimes two at the max just to let them get stiff. I will cook hamburgers or something fun that mashed potatoes would taste good with once my leftovers have had a chance to stiffen. I then take my cookie dough scoop to scoop small round balls of mashed potatoes to be fried in a skillet. I dredge them in beaten egg and cruton crumbs and throw them in the skillet. Once in the skillet, I take my spatula and "mash" them into a small pattie, fry it for a few minutes on each side-just enough to brown the breading. Take them out and place them on a plate covered with paper towel to soak up the extra grease and serve them! They are so good and EASY!

1 comment:

rachel said...

those look mighty tasty!