"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5

6.30.2010

Retro Birthday topped with Red Velvet

Rachel's birthday was this past Sunday and she turned 29 + 2! As I was putting the finishing touches on the wedding cake for Daniel's paralegal last week, "ding, dong!". It was Rachel's mom at my door waiting to ask me if I'd bake Rachel's birthday cake. I was honored to do such. Mrs. Deborah said to do something funky with almond flavoring. So, I baked a white almond cake (round bottom, square top, with a cupcake topper) and iced it with almond flavored lime green icing. I decorated each layer with what I like to call 'retro circles'. The circles were made out of homemade fondant. I topped the entire cake with a BIG cupcake and retro flowers on top of it. Rachel said it was tasty!Also, way back in April or May, my good friend, Cindy, asked me to bake a bridal shower cake for a shower she was hosting in June. Of course, I agreed. After much discussion on flavors, we decided on a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing and cover the cake with homemade fondant. I decorated each tier of the cake with different "swirlies" and put the bride's monogram on the top tier. I also included fresh cut flowers to add more umph! I had a bite of this one...

No comments: