"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5

6.22.2010

Poppie

I have lots of men in my life who are very special to me; my sweet husband, papaw, Dad(Daniel's dad). These men have influenced my life in so many ways, but none can hold a candle to my poppie! You see, this is my daddy and besides him teaching me everything I know about cars or anything else mechanical/electrical, he's taught me a good deal about kindness, patience, and strength. He's also taught me about how to make all three of those attributes work together. I think he is the smartest man in the world. Four years ago, he had knee surgery due to a work related injury. He had hoped this surgery would 'fix' the problem and make the pain in his knee go away. Well, four surgeries later, we hope the problem is fixed. I write all of this to say that even as I waited today with Moma for him to be brought up to recovery, during recovery, and even when he "hoisted" himself in the truck to go home, he displayed such strength! This man will give you the shirt off his back and every dollar bill in his pocket just because that's who he is. That's how he treats others, and that's how he shows he cares. He can be pretty goofy at times too, and always wears his best smile! Guess what, Poppie? I love you!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So precious - what a blessing to have such an amazing daddy - I know what you mean!!

Madeline :) said...

THANKS FOR THE TEARS! I LOVE MY POPPIE TOO :)