"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5

6.18.2010

busy weekend in Memphis/Olive Branch

Four years ago, I needed someone to be my right hand gal. Someone to tell people where to go, kind of order them around so our wedding would run smoothly. Who better to play that part than my best friend Lindsey. She told ushers when to begin seating wedding guests. She told the wedding party when it was their turn to walk down the aisle. She even cut the cake at the reception!!! What can I say? She's the best!!! So, Lindsey and I were talking months ago (We do talk more often that months apart.) about her sister's wedding and the things to be done and that were already done. We were getting excited for her sister, Megan, when Lindsey said that I should be there and do "her job" from my wedding since Megan and Lindsey's moma was a little worried about making sure the bathrooms had enough TP in them. Ha!!! I agreed because I knew it would be a chance to get to see Blake and Lindsey again as well as their cute son, Gus. Daniel and I arrived Saturday afternoon ready to work. Daniel and Blake strung floating candles on fishing line in the pool while Lindsey and I went over all my "duties" and cleaned up the downstairs rooms that guests could be entering soon! Then time came to get ourselves cleaned up and dressed for the wedding. Rush, rush, rush!!! I quickly ran a brush through my hair and a washcloth over my neck and arms, threw on my wedding attire, and began ordering people around. Now, certain people knew I was there to do that job and were very thankful because they could not; others were not so thrilled with the idea of me asking politely if they would go ahead and get seated because the wedding is going to start in FIVE MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone was seated right on time, even though I thought they wouldn't be, and we began sending out the wedding party. Now, keep in mind that even though this wedding was beautiful, it was also a June wedding OUTSIDE. So, it was HOT!!! Blake told us later that we had been under a heat advisory.
As soon as the ceremony was finished, more family pictures were taken and we got the party started. Megan had the cutest 3D glasses that made you see hearts when you looked at lights. Pretty cool!!!
We sent the newlyweds off in style with our sparklers in hand.
After they were gone, we shut the music down and began the clean up process so we could all chillax in the pool with the leftover wine. So much fun this whirlwind weekend was! Now, Lindsey and I are planning our girls trip in August! Nashville here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: