"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5

6.24.2010

Mmmm... good!

I've always enjoyed my mom's caramel cake simply because she makes the icing from scratch! No, seriously. She does just put a little sugar and other stuff in her black skillet and scratch it around for a LONG while and voila'! Caramel icing that is so yummy it makes you want to slap yo mama! I never really slapped my moma, but I sure did gobble up that cake. My moma's the best at cooking and I've learned everything I know from her and well...just throwing stuff together. Yesterday, I was making a dear friend a cake and had some extra batter left over and you can't throw out the extra batter. It has to be eaten. So, I pulled out my BIG cupcake pan and made three big cupcakes. As the cupcakes were smelling up my house, I tried a "different" kind of icing than what I normally top the cupcakes with. I pulled out a small sauce pan, a can of sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, and half a stick of margarine. I just wanted to see if it would work. It's for sure not as tasty as what Moma does, but pretty dang close. Voila'!

2 comments:

rachel said...

where's mine?!?

Bridgett said...

I want a caramel cake for MY birthday!! I am giving you a LOT of notice!!!!