"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5

6.17.2010

Go State! Hotty Toddy! and Halloween always go together, right?





The next few cakes on this post are, of course, related to MS State and Ole Miss football as well as Halloween themed cakes. Colonel Reb all alone was a time when I decided to practice making my own fondant(so it would be tastier than rubber). I also wanted to dive into making something a little more detailed.
Bully is for a dear friend's son on his birthday! I just adore Cindy and her family! I don't know if I love them so much because they are Bulldog fans or because they are such good people. But, then again, being a Bulldog fan makes you a good person.
This is what I call a "brothers divided" cake. I did this one for a sweet student of mine who always LOVED giving me a hard time about being a State fan. Anytime I'd wear anything maroon or white or anything having to do with MS State, he'd say, "Mrs. Culpepper, your shirt, earrings, etc. are so ugly." simply because it was MS State related. When I baked this cake for him, I told him I spit on the Rebel side and I hoped he'd enjoy. :) He and his family are precious and I sure am going to miss him next year!!!

Now, for some "boo" tactics even though these aren't scarey at all.

No comments: