"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5

10.20.2011

Tardy...

I know I'm behind in the updating of our pregnancy, but when I come home most days and crash on the couch after work until Daniel comes home with dinner, I don't feel like accomplishing much at all. The sad part about all of this is that "work" for me now consists of supervising and helping the students one on one while my student teacher teaches away! I am very thankful to have her this semester because otherwise I don't know what I'd do.
On to all things baby!!! We are currently 19 weeks and counting, down that is. At our last appointment, our dr. said we are half way through the pregnancy for twins. Woah!!!!!!!! Where did time go??? We had a great check-up last week, and are proud to say we have two healthy baby GIRLS on the way. When the sonographer confirmed the sex of the babies, Daniel asked if we could have a boy dog. I think he's feeling a little out numbered already. That's ok because I know he already loves his girls and they will have him wrapped around their little fingers in no time, if they don't already. Both babies were measuring great and had great heartbeats. That's my favorite part of going to the dr for check-ups-hearing that "thump, thump, thump" of their yittle hearts pounding away. What a miraculous sound?! I've always wondered what it would "feel" like to be pregnant, and I told someone just recently that God said, "Here ya go times two!" We've had appointments every four weeks from the very beginning, and each time Daniel and I could see the babies just a moving around, but I couldn't feel any of that movement yet. Well, all of that has changed! In fact, tonight Daniel and I were sitting on the couch watching tv (being normal couch potatoes) when I told him that I really needed to go wash my face, brush my teeth, and go to bed, but the girls were moving and I didn't want to get up. I knew that as soon as I got up to go do all of that stuff they'd quit moving-almost as if I would be rocking them to sleep as I moved around. I didn't want that feeling to stop. I eventually got ready for bed and sure enough, they stopped moving. As soon as I put my head on that pillow, though, there they go again!!! Aghhh!!! What a wonderful and reassuring feeling?!
Now, I'm up (at almost 2 a.m.) for my routine "snack" of Froot Loops. Usually it's one bowl, but tonight or this morning, shall I say, it was two. I decided to blog as I chowed down on the fruity circles drowning in milk. (Milnk- just for you Madz!)
This has been and continues to be such an amazing journey. I look forward to everything God has in store for us in the very near future. I have a feeling it's going to be just a few sleepless nights in Gluckstadt in the next few months, but just a few because our babies will sleep through the night very soon, right????? Right.................... :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

So happy for you! Don't wait so long for your next update. Ha!