"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5

11.09.2011

"Mind Your Own Beezwax..."

I try to stay out of "Facebook business" such as all of the commenting on how "horribly we (the state of MS) voted" yesterday on Initiative 26. This time I feel the urge to share my opinion on this matter. It infuriates me to know that people think I voted "horribly" when I voted NO on defining a person. I am very much prolife or I would not have tried for almost 5 years to have children, but I didn't feel this "change" was the best thing for our state. I, like many others, did tons of research on the Initiative. Not only did I search the internet, but I talked to friends, discussed with various attorneys, and talked to both of my doctors- ObGyn and fertility doctor. I also consulted the Great Physician all BEFORE making my final decision. I felt and still feel that this initiative left too much room for question. I voted NO yesterday, and I have absolutely no doubt that Jesus will still welcome me into heaven when He calls me home. I have not and do not plan to judge those who have voted YES. So, please don't judge me for my choices either for without invitro fertilization Daniel and I wouldn't have had the opportunity to become parents.

3 comments:

Catie said...

I also voted no on Initiative 26 and I am pro life. There were just too many questions and I don't think it was thought through all the way. I think I made the right decision! Don't worry about what others say, you did what you felt was right. :-)

rachel said...

Emily, these precious girls will be brought up in one of the most Christian homes I know. They'll grow up to make the world a better place. Addison and Hayden were on my mind when I voted NO.

The Culpepper's said...

Thank you so much for thinking of our little miracles, Rachel!