"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Ps. 25:4-5

11.21.2011

Thanks be to....

Usually we say, "Thanks be to God", but today not only am I saying this, but I am saying, "Thanks be to my husband!" Thank you Daniel for listening to all of my venting today! Right off the bat I was in a poo poo mood with my crunchy toast and then I was ready to punt Noel out the door when she vomited on the floor that I just mopped this weekend! I decided to go grocery shopping at the new Kroger in Madison to boost my spirits and get into the Thanksgiving spirit by getting all the "stuffings" for the stuffing, pecan pies, sweet potato casserole... You get the point. Well, little sweet lady in front of me in that big ol' store decided to stop in the middle of the aisle to take a look-see at a two year old pushing buggy her size with her own groceries. I was not there to socialize or watch a little girl push around her groceries with mommy. MOVE LADY!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, my pregnancy hormones are in full swing.) Finally, I'm at the check out counter, and I feel the need for a coke. While I'm getting my coke, a clerk grabbed my buggy and said, "Hey ma'am I'm going to take your stuff over here and get you started." He took my buggy to the self check out and completely does it all for me. THANKS DUDE!!! After all of this, I probably should have just gone home, but I had to run to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. Anyone knows that when you go to that store, just picking up a few things means you always leave with more bags than you intended to leave with. Same here! I got up to the counter, yet again, and accidentally threw something on the counter. I apologized to the cashier who thought nothing of it. I, then, bumped my funny bone on the counter which is NEVER a funny thing to do. Did I mention that I should have just gone home after Kroger???? Yes, I did! Well, I paid for my "more bags than I intended..." and nearly walked out without any of it. I kept telling the cashier I needed to start over, and of course, I repeated this when she came running and yelling after me to remind me that I did NOT have any of my bags. Thanks lady!!!!!!! I would have been sad and frustrated if I had gotten home without all of what I went to get. Thanks Daniel for listening to my venting about all of this stuff and helping me laugh at it all. I love you and am very thankful God made you just for me. Boy, did He know what He was doing?! I never doubted it, but times like today make me appreciate it more and more.

No comments: